Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Hidden Treasures of Suffering

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (II Corinthians 12:10)

If you and your spouse are experiencing any type of trial or affliction, take heart! I have always had a deep need to understand throughout my life. There are times when I come to the Lord in prayer and ask earnestly for His wisdom and understanding. So many people are suffering either physically, mentally, or emotionally. At times, it feels as if the needs of this world overwhelm my heart. That is when I turn to My Heavenly Father, Who withholds no good thing from His children.

As I was praying yesterday, I felt the glory of the Lord descend, and in His presence I had a vision. He showed me a new revelation about the refining fire of the Holy Spirit. I saw a vision of the "spirit man." He showed me that every time our flesh is tested and torn down, He fills it with His Spirit. I saw wounds literally being filled up with heavenly deposits. He starts with the heart and builds an incorruptible Spirit man inside of us, a total new creation.

This flesh that we are housed in will eventually wear out, but God is literally building something inside of us that can never wear out. There is a supernatural exchange that takes place. God is an economic God; He wastes nothing. He uses your suffering for His glory and it will ultimately work together for your good and His plan of salvation. Although you cannot naturally perceive the treasures, they are there all the same. That is where faith comes in.

May God give you spiritual eyes to see when you feel blinded by the storm. God calls you blessed! As you read this passage, notice the reoccurring italicized word "are" in the below verses...it means you are blessed now--present tense--even in the midst of your suffering. Jesus lovingly placed special emphasis on this word because He knows you don't always feel this!

~Matthew 5:3-12~

3  "Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4   Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
5   Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
6   Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
7   Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.
8   Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.
9   Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted  for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
12 "Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment