Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

God Will Make a Way

Today when I talked to my husband on his lunch break, we learned that both of us were having "one of those days." We both have a lot on our schedule today, and nothing seemed to go as planned. To top it off, I came down with a terrible case of "writer's block."

On days like these, when I feel less than creative, I go for a jog to clear my head. On my way to the jogging trail, I noticed a new large sign impaled in the dirt next to the cul de sac. Since my vision is less than 20/20, I had to get right up to it to read it. In large red letters, it said, "No parking. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense."

I put my hands on my hips and let out an audible sigh of frustration.

Since we live in a townhouse subdivision, our parking is close to non-existent. In a couple of weeks, I am having a get-together at my house for about 10-20 guests. My plan of course, was to have the guests park in the cul de sac. I embarked my jog with my less than pleasant attitude, and felt God say, "That's prophetic" (meaning the sign itself was a sign).

The enemy sets "traps" for us to feel blockaded and restricted. When our plans do not proceed as planned, we feel disappointed or even defeated. The spirit of the law tells us it is all up to you, and what will you possibly do now?

But God doesn't want us to stop there. In fact, His plans for you can begin right where yours end. I started to thank the Lord that He was making a way for me. God is not surprised by road blocks on your journey. You may be, but He isn't. He lovingly allows them to be there, not so you can look down in despair, but so you can look up to heaven.

Luke 21:28 says, "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." (NKJV)

Prayer for your marriage:
"Dear Father, thank you that you care about the "big" things and the seemingly "little" things, too. I pray that whatever roadblock or hindrance any couple is experiencing right now will be used as a sign that points them to You. You love and care for us more than we can comprehend. You work all things together for our good and for Your glory. I pray forth Your divine problem solving, favor, and grace. I rebuke any spirit that makes people feel confined, pressed in, our closed in. You cannot be limited. Thank-you that you always make a way when there seems to be no way. I thank-you for your boundless love and grace. May each spouse may feel this in a tangible way. Amen."

0 comments:

Post a Comment