Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sharing Your Dreams

God desires to know us and communicate with us so deeply; He will even speak to us in our sleep. There are many types of dreams. Some dreams spark creativity, others may be prophetic, or used to guide your destiny. And then there are those dreams that may mean you had one slice of pizza too many. Be careful to remember that dreams must be interpreted in light of Scripture, and even then, our understanding may only be in part. Write down your dreams and share them with your spouse. You will be amazed how God will use them to not only grow you closer to Him, but also to each other.

About a year or so ago, Adam emailed me from work that he dreamed about a roach-like creature that looked more like a lobster that was swimming in a pool I was about to jump in. In his dream, he used some tongs to remove the offending creature before I jumped in. If that is not strange enough, I also dreamed about a roach-like creature that looked more like a lobster the
very same night. In my dream, I asked Adam to get rid of it.

Needless to say, that got our attention.

We sought God and felt led to pray against spiritual attacks. God used that dream to have us exercise our spiritual authority in the powerful name of Jesus. He also reminded us of the spiritual blessings that flow from marital unity.

Sometimes, God will use dreams to give us a new spiritual revelation or insight. Just last night, I dreamed that I clicked on a link and a computer virus popped up. This morning, I woke up and checked my email. An email that appeared to be sent from a friend contained only a link. Amazingly, I remembered my dream and questioned the link for a moment. Perhaps even more amazingly, I clicked on it anyway…because I reasoned…it was sent from a friend, after all. My computer protection software warned me that it appeared to contain “malicious system software” and offered me the option to go to my home page instead. I quickly chose the home page. Interestingly, I started to feel very silly, and even a bit condemned for a brief moment. I had a dream that really stuck out to me about a computer virus, and yet I clicked on a questionable email anyway.

Then, God showed me what He wanted me to see. I felt the entire interpretation download almost instantly in my spirit. The dream represented God’s direction that He freely gives us in His Word. His revelation comes with the choice of obedience. However, it appeared that the natural did not align with the supernatural. I logically thought, I can open the link because I trust the source. Is this not how the enemy operates...a wolf in sheep's clothing? Satan will tempt you by causing you to doubt what God has told you. He may even get you to disobey! However, the protective software that was installed gave me the choice to navigate back to the home page. This represents God’s unceasing grace! Thank God that even when we have made the wrong choice, we can quickly choose to go back to His protective grace and covering where He can keep us safe from the attacks of the enemy. Since we are Christians, the Holy Spirit is "installed" in us to guide us.

Here are the verses that correspond with this dream:

Ephesians 6:11: “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may
be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”

John 10:10 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to
kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may
have it more abundantly.”

Psalm 118:8 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put
confidence in man.”

Romans 11:6 “And if by grace, then no longer of works;
otherwise grace is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.”

May God use your dreams to grow you and your marriage in Spirit and Truth!





0 comments:

Post a Comment